Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Warhammer Wednesday: "Da Red Baron" Dakkajet

Well, I screwed up... I painted my Dakkajet over the last couple of days and finished it pretty quick as usual to get it onto the table. With my blood angel vehicles I always paint the clear canopy but with the orks I decided to leave it clear... Big mistake! I sprayed the entire model with matt coat when I was done and it fogged up the f***ing glass. I didn't know that would happen but I guess I'm never gonna do that again. Lesson learned! 


I took quite a bit of inspiration from Matt Hollands Dakkajet in the Kit Bash section of the 2012 Or(k)tober White Dwarf. I changed the red quite a bit since I didn't want the flyer to look like one of my blood angel vehicles and overall I'm quite happy with the results. I really enjoy the two white skulls on the wings which I did using my airbrush and a homemade stencil. Quick and easy. In the first game I played with it, it managed to take out quite a few imperial guardsmen but didn't change the overall outcome of the game which was an absolute slaughter of the towards the imperial defense lines rushing ork horde.

NEVER MATT COAT YOUR VEHICLE'S CLEAR CANOPY!!!

J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment