Saturday, March 29, 2014

Steampunk Saturday: The Kodiak

Welcome to another Steampunk Saturday! I hope you all had a great week and I'm glad to see some of you return to this little showcase. Today I would like to show you the painted version of my Kodiak. I stuck to the standart Khador colors for him. It was a fairly quick paintjob because I was itching to finally try him out and only had like two days to get him assembled and painted.


In the game this is easily one of my favorite 'jacks. With his heavy boiler he is so focus efficient and fast, pathfinder increases his maneuverability even further and he has an amazing special attack. If he gets bogged down by infantry he can just use his vent steam ability. On top of that he sports two open fists which opens up an array of power attacks. I personally am a big fan of the two handed throw!


As I mentioned last week, he works exceptionally well with pButcher but really you can play this awesome piece of khadoran machinery with pretty much any caster you want. If I had to find a downside to him, it would be the lack of a ranged weapon but shooting is not what this beast is designed to do. When choosing a warjack you always have to ask: What role do I want this guy to fulfill? The Kodiak is gonna pummel the enemy into the ground, THAT is his job!


Well that's all for now. Hope to see you next week for another steampunk saturday!

J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment